An easy to prepare Pumpkin fritter recipe that will soon have you making this traditional street food treat like a real ‘buñoleras’.
Ingredients – for 4 persons
- 1 kg. of pumpkin
- 300 gr. of pastry flour
- 250 gr. sugar
- 30 gr. of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Abundant Olive oil
- Boil the pumpkin, previously peeled and without seeds, and grind.
- Whip the eggs and add the sugar.
- Dissolve the baking powder in a glass of water and add to the pastry, the pastry flour and the grated lemon peels. Let the mixture stand for an hour.
- Heat an abundant amount of oil and then place the hand-made or moulded fritters or donuts into it and fry on both sides.
- Place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil and serve with sprinkled sugar on top.
Recipe Contributor: Department of Tourism, Dénia City Council
Dénia was named UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in December 2015, then becoming a food reference worldwide. Apart from its excellent gastronomy, we highlight its impressive natural resources: long sandy beaches, rocky coves, the Montgó Mountain Natural Park and San Antonio’s Cape Marine Reserve. Such spaces and an enviable weather make Dénia a unique place to do a great variety of sports and leisure activities, not only in the sea but also on land.
Among its infrastructures we emphasize: 4 marinas and the 27-hole golf course called La Sella.
The town attracts our attention by its traditional atmosphere: the Castle, in the middle of the town, the old neighborhoods and the fishing port. You can also enjoy cultural activities, lively events and fiestas. The main fiestas are: The “Fallas”, the “Festa Major” and the Moors and Christians Festival.
Further information in
For further information please visit Department of Tourism, Dénia City Council website www.denia.net/en