This is a simple to make recipe which uses sustainably farmed Gigha Halibut and local Langoustine.
Ingredients for 4
- 4 Halibut fillets
- 12-16 Langoustine
- White wine
- Black Pepper
- Add a knob of butter to a frying pan . Heat gently
- Pour a pint of boiling water over the langoustines in a suitable pot and remove after one minute. Set aside.
- Add halibut to the pan and gently fry for a few minutes until flesh is almost opaque.
- Season halibut with fresh black pepper.
- Add langoustines to the pan and spoon melted butter over halibut. Add 2-3 tablespoons of white wine to frying pan and baste fish for one minute.
- Serve with fresh green salad and Scottish new potatoes.
Recipe Contributor: SY Saltwhistle III crew / GN Espace
The owners of SY Saltwhistle III are currently enjoying cruising in West Scotland.
Their yacht, a Hallberg Rassy 42, is a much admired cruising yacht, renowned for its sturdy construction and exemplary seaworthiness. It is the perfect base for exploring these varied and remote Scottish waters.
The owners are very pleased with the performance of their Levante 3 burner stove which now sits in the galley following a refit. This high performance and gas saving cooker is an essential piece of equipment for live aboard and ocean cruising.
GN Espace is made up of keen sailors who have been fortunate enough to combine their passion for sailing with their love of food. The Company specialises in producing marine cookers and associated galley products for all sizes of yachts.
For further information please visit the GN Espace website at: www.gn-espace.com