A quick refreshing salad! Pick a wild bunch of tree fern and get started.
- 1 bunch Ota (local tree fern)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 large lemon, squeezed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- To clean the Ota, remove the bottom half of the frond as it is quite stringy & woody.
- Pinch off the top of the frond and further separate into 3 strips and once completed wash thoroughly and drain.
- Heat medium sized pot with water and blanch Ota for 3-4 minutes until leaves are tender.
- Remove and let cool down
- Add coconut milk, onion, chilli, lemon, tuna & salt
- Serve either at room temperature or chilled
Recipe Contributor : Flavours of Fiji Cooking School
Welcome to Flavours of Fiji Cooking School
Driven by a passion for local cuisine, Flavours of Fiji was created for visitors to enjoy and immerse themselves in Fiji’s local food culture. The cooking classes are hosted by local home-style cooks showcasing their delicious local dishes boasting Fijian & Indo-Fijian flavours.
Offering Market Tours & Fijian Cooking Classes, guests start the day with an informative guided market tour through Nadis’ local fresh produce markets followed by a seasonal produce inspired cooking class.
Creating delicious island favourites, cooks share their traditional cooking techniques, helpful hints & entertaining stories.
Suitable for experienced cooks & beginners, this culinary adventure takes you on a mouth-watering journey of Fijis’ rich cultural history.
For further information please visit Flavours of Fiji website www.flavoursoffiji.com