Hampshire’s locally grown Green asparagus is an early summer seasonal delight. It is a great easy to prepare summer recipe that combines the tang of Asparagus with the zing of lemon.
Nutritious, full of flavour, easy to do and ideal for boats as everything can be done in two dishes.
Total preparation time 10 minutes and cooking time 40 minutes.
Ingredients – for 4 persons:
- Small bag of baby new potatoes (halved) (from vegetable store or Supermarket)
- 2 bunches of Green Asparagus (from vegetable store or Supermarket)
- 800g Chicken Breast or thighs
- 1 Garlic Clove, unpeeled
- 1 Lemon, quartered
- 4 Rosemary sprigs
- ½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Add chicken, potatoes, garlic, lemon and rosemary into a roasting tray
- Sprinkle with Chili flakes and drizzle with Olive Oil
- Place in Oven and roast for 40 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the asparagus in boiling water
- Place the cooked asparagus on top of the oven dish for the last 5 minutes of roasting to brown slightly.
Recipe Contributor : GN Espace
GN Espace is made up of keen sailors who have been fortunate enough to combine their passion for sailing with their love of food.
The Company specialises in producing marine cookers and associated galley products for all sizes of yachts.
For further information please visit the GN Espace website at: www.gn-espace.com