A Great British Pudding, this delicious dessert gives an opportunity to go foraging in the local woods for blackberries. Perfect end for a late summer and autumn evening meal.
Total preparation time 10 minutes and cooking time 30 minutes.
A warming and cosy dessert, that is simple to cook. Goes great with custard.
Ingredients – serves 6:
- 250g fresh blackberries
- 3 Braeburn apples or cooking apples, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g butter, diced
- 50g oats
- 120g flour
- 60g caster sugar
- tin of custard to accompany
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- To make the fruit compote, put the apples and blackberries into a saucepan and heat until bubbling. Add the cinnamon.
- To make the crumble, tip the flour and sugar into a large bowl. Then add the butter, and mix altogether with your hands until fully mixed.
- Pour the compote into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle the crumble on top and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve whilst hot with warm custard.
Recipe Contributor : GN Espace.
GN Espace is made up of keen sailors who have been fortunate enough to combine their passion for sailing with their love of food.
The Company specialises in producing marine cookers and associated galley products for all sizes of yachts.
For further information please visit the GN Espace website at: www.gn-espace.com