Scallop fishing is a very important West Coast industry and also a much loved local seafood. This recipe adds Chorizo and some chillies to make a main meal with a real kick.
Ingredients – serves 6
- 3 chorizo sausages, sliced into thin rounds
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 red chillies, thickly sliced
- 24 scallops, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 limes
- Heat a heavy griddle pan over a high heat. Fry the chorizo until it is browned and some of the juices are running in the pan. Add the spring onion and chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scallops and fry for 2-3 minutes on either side or until cooked through. Drizzle over the runny honey and stir to coat. Divide the scallops and chorizo among six plates and serve with green beans and new potatoes, along with a wedge of lime on the side.
Recipe contributor: Ardfern Yacht Centre
Ardfern Yacht Centre is located at the head of Loch Craignish, one of Scotland’s most beautiful and sheltered sea lochs. It has several interesting islands and natural anchorages and the yacht centre has an established history having original started around an old pier where steamers and puffers that served the isolated west coast communities once moored.
We offer fully serviced pontoon berths, swinging moorings, a comprehensively stocked chandlery and full workshop repair and maintenance facilities all within a traditional west coast village setting.
For further information please visit Ardfern Yacht Centre website: www.ardfernyacht.co.uk