An easy to make savoury appetizer – fresh olive cake topped with peas and tuna.
Ingredients – for 4 persons
- 400 gr. of wheat flour (harina de trigo)
- 400 gr. of peas (guisantes)
- 200 gr. of salted tuna (atún en salazón)
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil (cucharadas de aceite)
- 2 onions
- 1 boiled egg (huevo duro)
- Yeast (levadura)
- Mix the flour, yeast, egg, salt, and two tablespoons of olive oil at room temperature. Let it settle for 30 minutes.
- Extend and distribute the dough in a greased oven pan (you may opt for one large round circle or several smaller portion in any shape that you wish).
- Fry a finely chopped onion, add the peas and finally, the tuna fish pieces (previously soaked in water to remove salt for 5 hours).
- Fill each cake with a portion of the fried mix and bake at 200ºC.
Recipe Contributor: Department of Tourism, Dénia City Council
Dénia was named UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy in December 2015, then becoming a food reference worldwide. Apart from its excellent gastronomy, we highlight its impressive natural resources: long sandy beaches, rocky coves, the Montgó Mountain Natural Park and San Antonio’s Cape Marine Reserve. Such spaces and an enviable weather make Dénia a unique place to do a great variety of sports and leisure activities, not only in the sea but also on land.
Among its infrastructures we emphasize: 4 marinas and the 27-hole golf course called La Sella.
The town attracts our attention by its traditional atmosphere: the Castle, in the middle of the town, the old neighborhoods and the fishing port. You can also enjoy cultural activities, lively events and fiestas. The main fiestas are: The “Fallas”, the “Festa Major” and the Moors and Christians Festival.
Further information in
For further information please visit Department of Tourism, Dénia City Council website www.denia.net/en